Wednesday, October 10, 2012
The Old Testament commentaries included in this wish list were chosen mainly due to their generally conservative evangelical and Reformed perspective. The list includes introductory and advanced levels commentaries. Some of the commentaries require knowledge of the original language (Hebrew). Most are easily understandable and helpful for homiletical (preaching) and catechetical (teaching) purposes. The Lord willing, we would be able to strengthen our Old Testament commentary collection at the RIM library as we acquire these commentaries in the near future. The New Testament commentaries wish list will follow in a week or two.
Abbreviations Used in this list
AOTC (Apollos Old Testament Commentary)
Baker (Baker Commentary on the Old Testament Wisdom and Psalms)
BSC (Bible Student’s Commentary)
BST (The Bible Speaks Today)
DSB (The Daily Study Bible Series)
EBC (The Expositor’s Bible Commentary)
EP (An Evangelical Press Study Commentary)
Focus (Focus on the Bible)
GAOT (The Gospel According to the Old Testament)
Geneva (Geneva Series of Commentaries)
Hermeneia (Hermeneia Series)
Mentor (A Mentor Commentary)
NAC (The New American Commentary)
NIBC (New International Biblical Commentary)
NICOT (The New International Commentary on the Old Testament)
NIVAC (The NIV Application Commentary)
PC (The Preacher’s Commentary)
PTW (Preaching the Word)
REC (Reformed Expository Commentary)
TCC (The Communicator's Commentary)
TOTC (Tyndale Old Testament Commentaries)
WBC (Word Biblical Commentary)
Welwyn (Welwyn Commentary Series)
The Book of Moses (Pentateuch)
1. Genesis – Gordon J. Wenham, Genesis 1-15 and Genesis 16-50 (WBC); Kenneth A. Matthews, Genesis 1-11:26 and Genesis 11:27-50:26 (NAC); Allen P. Ross, Creation and Blessing; Bruce Waltke, Genesis: A Commentary; Iain M. Duguid, Living in the Gap Between Promise and Reality: The Gospel According to Abraham (GAOT), Living in the Grip of Relentless Grace: The Gospel in the Lives of Isaac and Jacob (GAOT); R. Kent Hughes, Genesis: Beginning and Blessing (PTW).
2. Exodus – J. A. Motyer, The Message of Exodus (BST); Douglas K. Stuart, Exodus (NAC); John L. Mackay, Exodus (Mentor); Philip Graham Ryken, Exodus: Saved for God’s Glory (PTW).
3. Leviticus – Gordon J. Wenham, The Book of Leviticus (NICOT); Mark F. Rooker, Leviticus (NAC); Allen P. Ross, Holiness to the Lord; Andrew Bonar, Leviticus (Geneva).
4. Numbers – Gordon Wenham, Numbers (TOTC); Timothy R. Ashley, The Book of Numbers (NICOT); Iain Duguid, Numbers: God’s Presence in the Wilderness (PTW).
5. Deuteronomy – Peter C. Craigie, The Book of Deuteronomy (NICOT); J. G. McConville, Deuteronomy (AOTC); John D. Currid, Deuteronomy (EP); J. Ridderbos, Deuteronomy (BSC); Christopher Wright, Deuteronomy (NIBC); Ajith Fernando, Deuteronomy: Loving Obedience to a Loving God (PTW).
6. Joshua – Dale Ralph Davis, Joshua: No Falling Words (Focus); Richard S. Hess, Joshua (TOTC); Marten Woudstra, The Book of Joshua (NICOT); James M. Boice, Joshua; David Jackman, Joshua: People of God's Purpose (PTW).
7. Judges – Dale Ralph Davis, Judges: Such a Great Salvation (Focus); Daniel I. Block, Judges, Ruth (NAC); Michael Wilcock, The Message of Judges (BST); George M. Schwab, Right in their Own Eyes: The Gospel According to Judges (GAOT); Barry G. Webb, Judges and Ruth: God in Chaos (PTW).
8. Ruth – Robert L. Hibbard Jr., The Book of Ruth (NICOT); Iain M. Duguid, Esther and Ruth (REC); Gordon Keddie, Even in Darkness (Welwyn); Sinclair B. Ferguson, Faithful God: An Exposition of the Book of Ruth; Dean R. Ulrich, From Famine to Fullness; The Gospel According to Ruth (GAOT).
9. 1 Samuel – Dale Ralph Davis, 1 Samuel: Looking on the Heart (Focus); David T. Tsumura, The Message of First Samuel (NICOT); Richard D. Phillips, 1 Samuel (REC); Joyce Baldwin, 1 and 2 Samuel (TOTC); Gordon Keddie, Dawn of a Kingdom (Welwyn); John Woodhouse, 1 Samuel: Looking for a Leader (PTW).
10. 2 Samuel – Dale Ralph Davis, 2 Samuel: Out of Every Adversity (Focus); Gordon Keddie, Triumph of the King (Welwyn); Ronald F. Youngblood, “1 and 2 Samuel” (EBC); Mark J. Boda, After God’s Own Heart: The Gospel According to David (GAOT); John Woodhouse, 2 Samuel: Your Kingdom Come (PTW); Richard D. Phillips, 2 Samuel (REC).
11. 1 Kings – Dale Ralph Davis, 1 Kings: The Wisdom and the Folly (Focus); Paul R. House, 1 and 2 Kings (NAC); Philip Graham Ryken, 1 Kings (REC); Raymond Dillard, Faith in the Face of Apostasy: The Gospel According to Elijah & Elisha (GAOT); John Woodhouse, 1 Kings: Power, Politics, and the Hope of the World (PTW).
12. 2 Kings – Dale Ralph Davis, 2 Kings: The Power and the Fury (Focus); Iain Provan, 1 and 2 Kings (NIBC); G. Van Rongen, Elisha the Prophet.
13. 1 Chronicles – Roddy L. Braun, 1 Chronicles (WBC); Richard Pratt, 1 and 2 Chronicles (Mentor); Andrew E. Hill, 1 and 2 Chronicles (NIVAC); Michael Wilcock, The Message of Chronicles (BST); J. G. McConville, 1 and 2 Chronicles (DSB); Leslie Allen, 1, 2 Chronicles (TCC).
14. 2 Chronicles - Raymond Dillard, 2 Chronicles (WBC); Martin Selman, 2 Chronicles (TOTC); Richard Pratt, 1 and 2 Chronicles (Mentor); Andrew E. Hill, 1 and 2 Chronicles (NIVAC); Michael Wilcock, The Message of Chronicles (BST); J. G. McConville, 1 and 2 Chronicles (DSB); Leslie Allen, 1, 2 Chronicles (TCC).
15. Ezra – F. Charles Fensham, Ezra and Nehemiah (NICOT); Derek Kidner, Ezra and Nehemiah (TOTC); J. G. McConville, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther (DSB); Derek W.H. Thomas, Ezra & Nehemiah (REC).
16. Nehemiah – F. Charles Fensham, Ezra and Nehemiah (NICOT); J. G. McConville, Ezra and Nehemiah, and Esther (DSB); Derek W.H. Thomas, Ezra & Nehemiah (REC).
17. Esther – Karen Jobes, Esther (NIVAC); J. G. McConville, Ezra, Nehemiah, and Esther (DSB); Iain Duguid, Esther and Ruth (REC); Joyce G. Baldwin, Esther (TOTC).
18. Job – David J. A. Clines, Job 1-20, Job 21-37 (WBC); David Atkinson, The Message of Job (BST); Derek W.H. Thomas, The Storm Breaks (Welwyn); David R. Jackson, Crying out for Vindication: The Gospel According to Job (GAOT); Christopher Ash, Job: The Wisdom of the Cross (PTW).
19. Psalms – Willem A. VanGemeren, “Psalm” (EBC); Gerald Wilson, Psalms, Vol 1 (NIVAC); Derek Kidner, Psalms 1-72 and Psalms 73-150, (TOTC); Allan Hartman, Psalms Vol. 1 (Psalms 1-72) and Psalms Vol 2 (Psalms 73-150) (Mentor): Charles Spurgeon, The Treasury of David (3 Vols.); James M. Boice, Psalms (Vols. 1-3).
20. Proverbs – Bruce K. Waltke, The Book of Proverbs Chapters 1-15 and Chapters 16-31 (NICOT); Tremper Longman III, Proverbs (Baker); Derek Kidner, Proverbs (TOTC); Raymond C. Ortlund Jr., Proverbs: Wisdom that Works (PTW).
21. Ecclesiastes – Derek Kidner, The Message of Ecclesiastes (BST); Michael A, Eaton, Ecclesiastes (TOTC); Craig G. Bartolomew, Ecclesiastes (Baker); Philip Graham Ryken, Ecclesiastes: Why Everything Matters (PTW); Douglas Sean O'Donnell, Ecclesiastes (REC).
22. Song of Songs – Tom Gledhill, The Song of Songs (BST); Richard S. Hess, Song of Songs (Baker); Tremper Longman III, Song of Songs (NICOT); Iain M. Duguid, Song of Songs (REC).
23. Isaiah – J. Alec Motyer, The Prophecy of Isaiah; John Oswalt, The Book of Isaiah, Chapters 1-39 and Chapter 40-66 (NICOT); E. J. Young, The Book of Isaiah (Vols. 1-3); Derek W.H. Thomas, God Delivers (Welwyn); Raymond C. Ortlund Jr., Isaiah: God Saves Sinners (PTW).
24. Jeremiah – J. A. Thompson, The Book of Jeremiah (NICOT); John L. Mackay, Jeremiah 1-20 and Jeremiah 21-52 (Mentor); Tremper Longman III, Jeremiah and Lamentations (NIBC); Philip Graham Ryken, Jeremiah and Lamentation: From Sorrow to Hope (PTW).
25. Lamentations – J. Andrew Dearman, Jeremiah/Lamentations (NIVAC); Philip Graham Ryken, Jeremiah and Lamentations: From Sorrow to Hope (PTW); John L. Mackay, Lamentations (Mentor).
26. Ezekiel – Iain M. Duguid, Ezekiel (NIVAC); Daniel I. Block, The Book of Ezekiel, Vols. 1-2 (NICOT); Derek W.H. Thomas, God Strengthens (Welwyn); Peter Craigie, Ezekiel (DSB).
27. Daniel – E. J. Young, Daniel (Geneva); Iain M. Duguid, Daniel (REC); Sinclair Ferguson, Daniel (PC); Tremper Longman III, Daniel (NIVAC); George M. Schwab, Hope in the Midst of A Hostile World: The Gospel According to Daniel (GAOT); Herman Veldkamp, Dreams and Dictators: On the Book of Daniel; Rodney D. Stortz, Daniel: The Triumph of God's Kingdom (PTW).
28. Hosea – Douglas Stuart, Hosea-Jonah (WBC); Daniel Allan Hubbard, Hosea (TOTC); Derek Kidner, The Message of Hosea (BST); Michael P. V. Barrett, Love Divine and Unfailing: the Gospel According to Hosea (GAOT); Herman Veldkamp, Hosea: Love’s Complaint.
29. Joel – Thomas E. McComiskey, The Minor Prophets; Ervin Busenitz, Joel and Obadiah (Mentor); David W. Baker, Joel, Obadiah, and Malachi (NIVAC); O. Palmer Robertson, Prophet of the Coming Day of the Lord (Welwyn); David Allan Hubbard, Joel and Amos (TOTC).
30. Amos – Douglas Stuart, Hosea-Jonah (WBC); Shalom M. Paul, Amos (Hermeneia); J. A. Motyer, The Message of Amos (BST); Herman Veldkamp, The Farmer from Tekoa: On the Book of Amos; Gordon Keddie, The Lord is His Name: Studies in Amos (Welwyn).
31. Obadiah – Douglas Stuart, Hosea-Jonah (WBC); Ervin Busenitz, Joel and Obadiah (Mentor); David W. Baker, Joel, Obadiah, and Malachi (NIVAC).
32. Jonah - Douglas Stuart, Hosea-Jonah (WBC); James M. Boice, The Minor Prophets, Vol.1; David W. Baker, T. Desmond Alexander, and Bruce Waltke, Obadiah, Jonah and Micah (TOTC); Bryan D. Estelle, Salvation Through Judgment and Mercy: The Gospel According to Jonah (GAOT); Sinclair B. Ferguson, Man Overboard: The Story of Jonah; O. Palmer Robertson, Jonah; Gordon Keddie, Preacher on the Run: The Message of Jonah (Welwyn); Richard D. Phillips, Jonah & Micah (REC).
33. Micah – Bruce Waltke, A Commentary on Micah; David Prior, The Message of Joel, Micah, & Habakkuk (BST); John Calvin, Sermons on the Book of Micah; Dale Ralph Davis, Micah (EP); Richard D. Phillips, Jonah & Micah (REC); John L. Mackay, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habbakkuk, Zephaniah: God’s Just Demands (Focus).
34. Nahum – O. Palmer Robertson, The Books of Nahum, Habakkuk and Zephaniah (NICOT); David W. Baker, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah (TOTC); John L. Mackay, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah: God’s Just Demands (Focus).
35. Habakkuk – O. Palmer Robertson, The Books of Nahum, Habakkuk and Zephaniah (NICOT); Kenneth L. Barker and Waylon Bailey, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah (NAC); John L. Mackay, Jonah, Micah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah: God’s Just Demands (Focus).
36. Zephaniah – O. Palmer Robertson, The Books of Nahum, Habakkuk and Zephaniah (NICOT); Daniel Webber, The Coming of the Warrior-King: Zephaniah Simply Explained (Welwyn); James Bruckner, Jonah, Nahum, Habakkuk, Zephaniah (NIVAC); Iain M. Duguid and Matthew P. Harmon, Zephaniah, Haggai, Malachi (REC).
37. Haggai – Pieter Verhoef, The Books of Haggai and Malachi (NICOT); Joyce Baldwin, Haggai, Zechariah, Malachi (TOTC); John L. Mackay, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi (Focus); Iain M. Duguid and Matthew P. Harmon, Zephaniah, Haggai, Malachi (REC).
38. Zechariah – Richard D. Phillips, Zechariah (REC); T. V. Moore, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi (Geneva); Meredith Kline, Glory in our Midst: A Biblical-Theological Reading of Zechariah’s Night Visions; Barry G. Webb, The Message of Zechariah (BST); Bryan R. Gregory, Longing for God in an Age of Discouragement: The Gospel According to Zechariah (GAOT).
39. Malachi – Iain M. Duguid, Haggai, Zechariah and Malachi (EP); Pieter Verhoef, The Books of Haggai and Malachi (NICOT); Iain M. Duguid and Matthew P. Harmon, Zephaniah, Haggai, Malachi (REC).
Tuesday, October 9, 2012
I am coming up with a list of important Biblical and theological books for our Reformed Institute of Ministry. Here are some of the titles that I come up with arranged according to topic or subject. Bible commentaries are not yet included here. I hope to come up with another list of books on commentaries later.
Introduction to Theology
1. Manual of Christian Doctrine – Louis Berkhof
2. The Christian Life – Sinclair Ferguson
3. What Is Reformed Theology – R.C. Sproul
4. Essential Truths of the Christian Faith – R.C. Sproul
5. Concise Theology – J. I. Packer
6. Our Reasonable Faith – Herman Bavinck
7. The Marrow of Theology – William Ames
8. A Body of Divinity – Thomas Watson
9. Introduction to Systematic Theology – Cornelius Van Til
10. Dictionary of Latin and Greek Theological Terms – Richard Muller
11. Reformed Dogmatics: Prolegomena (Vol.1) – Herman Bavinck
12. The Doctrine of the Knowledge of God – John Frame
1. Systematic Theology – Louis Berkhof
2. Reformed Dogmatics – Heinrich Heppe
3. Reformed Dogmatics - Herman Hoeksema
4. Systematic Theology – Charles Hodge
5. Outlines of Theology – A.A. Hodge
6. Selected Shorter Writings – B.B. Warfield
7. Collected Writings of John Murray
8. Institutes of the Christian Religion – John Calvin
9. Institutes of Elenctic Theology – Francis Turretin
10. Reformed Dogmatics – Herman Bavinck
11. Christians Reasonable Service – Wilhelmus a Brakel
12. The Christian Faith - Michael Horton
13. A New Systematic Theology of the Christian Faith – Robert L. Reymond
14. A Puritan Theology – Joel Beeke & Mark Jones
15. Reformed Confessions Harmonized – Joel Beeke & Sinclair Ferguson
Doctrine of God (Theology Proper)
1. Reformed Dogmatics: God and Creation (Volume 2) – Herman Bavinck
2. The Doctrine of God – John Frame
3. The Existence and Attributes of God – Stephen Charnock
4. The Providence of God – Paul Helm
5. Knowing God – J. I. Packer
6. Attributes of God – A.W. Pink
Doctrine of Man
1. Created in God’s Image – Anthony Hoekema
2. The Christian View of Man – J. Gresham Machen
3. Calvin’s Doctrine of Man – T. F. Torrance
4. Not the Way It Supposed to Be: A Breviary of Sin – Cornelius Plantinga
Doctrine of Christ
1. Reformed Dogmatics: Sin and Salvation in Christ (Vol. 3) – Herman Bavinck
2. The Person of Christ – Donald MacLeod
3. The Work of Christ – Robert Letham
4. The Person and Work of Christ – B.B. Warfield
5. The Cross of Christ – John Stott
Doctrine of the Holy Spirit and Salvation
1. Redemption Accomplished and Applied – John Murray
2. Saved by Grace – Anthony Hoekema
3. The Holy Spirit – Sinclair Ferguson
4. The Atonement – Leon Morris
5. The Gospel of Free Acceptance in Christ – Cornelis P. Venema
6. Accepted and Renewed in Christ – Cornelis P. Venema
Doctrine of the Church
1. Reformed Dogmatics: Holy Spirit, Church and New Creation (Vol 4) – Herman Bavinck
2. The Church – Edmund Clowney
3. The Glorious Body of Christ – R. B. Kuiper
Doctrine of the Last Things
1. The Promise of the Future – Cornelis Venema
2. The Bible and the Future – Anthony Hoekema
3. A Case for Amillennialism: Underatanding the End Times – Kim Riddlebarger
4. The Last Things – Herman Bavick
5. The Meaning of the Millennium: Four Views – Robert G. Clouse
6. The Bible on the Life After – William Hendriksen
7. The Man of Sin – Kim Riddlebarger
1. The Shadow of Christ in the Law of Moses – Vern Poythress
2. The Christ of the Covenants – O. Palmer Robertson
3. The Christ of the Prophets – O. Palmer Robertson
4. Biblical Theology – Geerhardus Vos
5. The Unfolding Mystery: Discovering Christ in the Old Testament – Edmund Clowney
6. A New Testament Biblical Theology – G.K. Beale
7. The Drama of Scripture: Our Place in the Bible Story – Michael Goheen and Craig Bartholomew
8. Promise and Deliverance (4 Vols.) – S.G DeGraaf
9. The Coming of the Kingdom – Herman Ridderbos
10. Paul: An Outline of His Theology – Herman Ridderbos
11. Jesus and Israel: One Covenant or Two – David E. Holwerda
1. Economy of the Covenants Between God and Man (2 vols.) – Herman Witsius
2. Redemptive History and Biblical Interpretation: The Shorter Writings of Geerhardus Vos – Richard Gaffin
3. The Christ of the Covenant – O. Palmer Robertson
4. Christ and the Covenant – J. Mark Beach
1. The History of Christian Doctrines – Louis Berkhof
2. Historical Theology – William Cunningham
3. Historical Theology – Geoffrey W. Bromiley
4. Historical Theology – Alister E. McGrath
5. The Christian Tradition - Jaroslav Pelikan
1. Let the Reader Understand – Dan McCartney and Charles Clayton
2. Principles of Biblical Interpretation – Louis Berkhof
3. Exegetical Fallacies – D.A. Carson
4. Gospel-Centered Hermeneutics – Graeme Goldsworthy
5. Goldsworthy Trilogy – Graeme Goldsworthy
6. According to Plan – Graeme Goldsworthy
7. Knowing Scripture – R.C. Sproul
8. How to Understand Your Bible – T. Norton Sterett and Richard L. Schultz
9. How to Read the Bible for All Its Worth – Gordon Fee and Douglas Stuart
10. Handbook on the New Testament Use of the Old Testament – G. K. Beale
1. The Ten Commandments – J. Douma (trans. Nelson Kloosterman)
2. The Doctrine of the Christian Life – John Frame
3. Principles of Conduct – John Murray
4. Evangelical Ethics – John Jefferson Davis
Apologetics and Cultural Engagement
1. Always Ready – Greg Bahnsen
2. Presuppositional Apologetics Stated and Defended – Greg Bahnsen
3. Reasons of the Heart – William Edgar
4. Apologetics for the Glory of God – John Frame
5. Christian Apologetics – Cornelius Van Til
6. The Defense of the Faith – Cornelius Van Til
7. Warranted Christian Belief – Alvin Plantinga
8. Christian and Culture Revisited – D.A. Carson
9. Lectures on Calvinism – Abraham Kuyper
10. The Gagging of God – D. A. Carson
Missions and Evangelism
1. Tell the Truth – Will Metzger
2. Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God – J.I. Packer
3. An Introduction to the Science of Mission – J. H. Bavinck
4. Introducing World Missions – A. Scott Moreau, Gary B. McGee, Gary R. Corwin
5. Let the Nations Be Glad – John Piper
6. Go and Make Disciples – Roger Greenway
1. The Church in History – B. K. Kuiper
2. Church History in Plain Language – Bruce L. Shelley
3. Sketches from Church History – S. M. Houghton
4. The History of the Christian Church – Phillip Schaff
Church, Church Government and Offices
1. Biblical Church Government: The Church Fulfilling Its Calling – Frank H. Walker
2. Biblical Church Government – Kevin Reed
3. Order in the Offices: Essays Defining Roles of Church Offices – Mark R. Brown, editor
4. Paradigms in Polity: Classic Readings in Reformed and Presbyterian Church Government – eds. David Hall & Joseph Hall
5. Church and Its Polity – Charles Hodge
6. The Glorious Body of Christ – R. B. Kuiper
Ministers, Elders and Deacons
1. The Christian Ministry – Charles Bridges
2. Lectures to My Students – Charles Spurgeon
3. With a Shepherd’s Heart – John Sittema
4. Called to Serve: Essays for Elders and Deacons
5. Biblical Eldership: An Urgent Call to Restore Biblical Church Leadership – Alexander Strauch
6. The Elders Handbook: A Practical Guide for Church Leaders – Lester De Koster and Gerald Berghoef
7. The Deacons Handbook: A Manual of Stewardship – Lester De Koster and Gerald Berghoef
8. The Shepherd Leader: Achieving Effective Shepherding in Your Church – Timothy Z. Witmer
1. Christ-centered Preaching – Bryan Chapell
2. Preaching the Whole Bible as Christian Scripture – Graeme Goldsworthy
3. Preaching and Preachers – Martin Lloyd-Jones
4. Between Two Worlds – John R. W. Stott
5. The Supremacy of God in Preaching – John Piper
6. Feed My Sheep: A Passionate Plea for Preaching – Joel Beeke, John MacArthur, etc.
7. Preaching Christ from the Old Testament – Sidney Greidanus
8. Biblical Preaching – Haddon W. Robinson
9. The Preacher and Preaching – Samuel T. Logan
10. He Is Not Silent: Preaching in a Postmodern World – R. Albert Mohler
1. Foundational Issues in Christian Education: An Introduction in Evangelical Perspective – Robert W. Pazmiño
2. Christian Religious Education: Sharing Our Story and Vision – Thomas H. Groome
3. Rediscovering Catechism: The Art of Equipping Covenant Children – Donald Van Dyken
Church Worship, Liturgy and Discipline
1. Biblical Worship – Kevin Reed
2. Corporate Worship in the Reformed Tradition – James Hastings Nichols
3. Worship Revised and Extended Edition: Reformed According to Scripture – Hughes Oliphant Old
4. Reformed Worship: Worship That is According to Scripture – Terry Johnson
5. With Reverence and Awe: Returning to the Basics of Reformed Worship – D. G. Hart and John R. Muether
6. Scripture and Worship: Biblical Interpretation and the Directory of Public Worship – Richard Muller and Rowland Ward
7. Christ-centered Worship: Letting the Gospel Shape our Practice – Bryan Chapell
8. What to Expect in Reformed Worship: A Visitor’s Guide – Daniel Hyde
9. Handbook of Church Discipline – Jay Adams
10. Calvin’s Doctrine of the Word and Sacrament – Ronald Wallace
Christian and Reformed Spirituality
1. Puritan Reformed Spirituality – Joel R. Beeke
2. Calvin’s Doctrine of the Christian Life – Ronald S. Wallace
3. Christian Spirituality: Five Views of Sanctification – Donald L. Alexander